The Circle exists to promote the study and collection of the philately, postal history, postcards and ephemera of Belgium.
We have a worldwide membership, and support activities in the United Kingdom and in Belgium and include amongst our members a broad range of collectors from beginners to established postal historians who have an interest from the earliest letters to modern postmarks.
We also include enthusiastic collectors of postcards and ephemera as well as thematic collectors. We warmly welcome anyone with an interest in Belgium, its history and culture.
Our flagship is our journal Belgapost which is published four times a year and has an international reputation. We also publish occasional monographs and studies by members.
We aim to encourage and expand collectors’ interests, knowledge and enjoyment and to preserve information researched in a permanent record for future generations of researchers and collectors.
- Meetings in London and on the Continent
- Annual weekend conference
- Extensive library and archive; probably the largest specialized philatelic library available
- Quarterly journal Belgapost
- Exchange packet
- Twice yearly auctions of specialized material
- We carry stocks of specialized literature which is available to our members at a discount